Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daily News: "A Coen Sort of Western"





Here comes the previously mentioned second movie article I wrote, about the Coen Brothers movie "True Grit"that was published last week .

"Directed by Ethan and Joel Coen, the movie tells the story of a 14-year-old girl Mattie Ross, played by rising star Hailee Steinfeld, who sets out to avenge the death of her father. Stubborn Mattie, hires the worn down and drunk U.S. Marshall Rooster Cogburn (Jeff Bridges), a man with “true grit,” to help her find the villain Tom Chaney (Josh Brolin), who by then has made his way into the Indian Nation. Mattie joins Rooster on his journey, against his wish, not fully trusting him and hoping to have things her way, saying to herself in the movie: “When I have bought and paid for something, I will have my way. Why do you think I am paying you if not to have my way?” With Texas Ranger LaBoeuf (Matt Damon) on their side, who seeks Chaney for his own purposes, they set out on a journey that will truly test their “grit...”"


Read more here:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=the-coen-sort-of-western-2011-02-16



No comments:

Post a Comment